Christians have been called to do something extremely important, it’s actually a matter of life and death. And, it comes directly from their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It’s a very simple directive — share the gospel or also referred to as “The Great Commission”! While it seems like a monumental task, it’s actually quite easy to do when you relinquish control to the Holy Spirit. Here are some quick ways to get started using Share the Gospel Verses for quick soul-winning strategies.
What is the Great Commission?
Yet, before we dive into these key Share the Gospel Verses, let’s talk about some similar terms you may have heard of in the past. For example, the ‘Great Commission‘ is according to the passage found in one of the 4 Gospels — Matthew 28:18-20. Jesus commands his apostles to teach ALL nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Essentially, it’s a simple directive Jesus gave to his disciples (Christians) on spreading the gospel and converting others to Christianity.
Spread the Good News Fears
Spreading the gospel doesn’t have to be hard, but we make it hard. Maybe you’d like to be more proactive when it comes to telling others the good news. However, do you tend to hesitate to share the gospel when you come in contact with a stranger, friend, or loved one?
Maybe you fear rejection?
Struggle with getting started with the conversation?
Not sure how to keep the conversation going?
As a new Christian, you don’t know enough about the Bible?
Whatever your reason is, just drop the excuses. It’s time to train yourself for a long-term spiritual race. It’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon for the ultimate spiritual prize: a crown of gold, silver, and jewels, not of wood, hay, or stubble! We are only here on this earth for a short time and only promised today.
Let’s make a plan using the Holy Spirit to give us courage. Using the scripture is key to keeping your focus on the main priority as a Christian. Spread the gospel verses are a perfect solution that provides a tool for mental and spiritual strength. Don’t forget to put on your spiritual armor too!
There are at least 4 Reasons why you should spread the gospel, based on the Holy Scriptures.
- It’s wise. The Bible says in Matthew 7:24 that if you hear God’s sayings, you are wise.
- It pleases God – In 2nd Corinthians 5:9, God says it pleases Him. He’s our creator, and we must fear Him, not man.
- A reward is waiting for us – 1 Corinthians 9:24-26 reveals that we will all stand in judgment at the Bema Seat– not for the sins we committed on this earth — but our works. Would you like to please God and achieve a crown in heaven by sharing your faith in Christ? Choices are gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble — what is your goal? Check out 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 to learn more about a man’s reward.
- Potential Sisters and Brothers – God loves all and Jesus died for all. We also must love everyone and remember that they may be our new sister or brother in Christ.
Wondering how to share the gospel in 5 minutes or how do you share God’s word with others? Find 6 easy, quick, and creative ways to share the gospel to strangers, friends, or family members. These are awesome offline ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Pass out tracts – Many churches have pre-made tracts available for free. Ask your pastor or church secretary where you can find some to pass out. Some great places to start with are restaurants, public bathrooms, and sporting events. Also, you can place tracts in neighbor’s doors or hand them out personally and give them a quick testimony on how you came to Christ.
- Christian Paraphernalia – Several weeks ago, Walmart was selling T-Shirts saying “Y’all need Jesus” and I grabbed a few for a friend and my daughter. It surprised me how many people noticed the word ‘Jesus’ on my shirt! Many mentioned how they liked my shirt :-). I’m thankful to live near many believers. Yet, my goal is to share the gospel with unbelievers. Surprisingly, many Christian sayings, memes, and Bible Verses start a conversation that could be life-changing for others when you share your testimony.
Plus, Christian Home Decor like picture frames, wood decor with a Bible Verse, Bible Quote, or passage of scripture helps share the gospel. The Word of God is always a great conversation starter.
Here are some creative Christian ideas for passively spreading the gospel:
- Bible Verse Bookmarks – Pass out bookmarks with Bible Verses, Salvation Message, Christian Quotes, or the Romans Road to Salvation. And, I’ve got great news, I’ve created free Romans Road to Salvation Bible Verses Bookmarks just for you!
- Start a Bible Study Group – Regardless of whether you are a seasoned or baby Christian, start a Bible Study Group! Seriously, there are a ton of ladies’ Bible Study Resources you can follow but I highly recommend Caldwell Commentaries Podcast and digital ebooks that contain a wealth of information and many topics you can uncover. Plus, I’ve got an easy-to-follow, start anytime, practical Bible Reading Plan to help you go through the Bible together.
- Share your Story – Share your testimony with others is a great ice breaker and gives friends, coworkers, and strangers a relatable connection with you.
- Share a Christian Gift – Present a friend, coworker, or neighbor with a gift of the Holy Bible.
So, are you wondering how do I share on social media? Here are some great tips on how you can start sharing the gospel online using forums such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even starting your own blog!
- Create a Facebook Group: It’s super easy to do as most of us are already on Facebook. Try creating a Facebook group name, and then design a free FB cover on Canva. Canva is the best tool out there for designing graphics, especially for beginners. You can begin sharing Christian Memes, Christian Quotes, and Bible Verse Graphics by joining Christian Groups. Also, encourage one another by posting daily Bible Verses, encouraging thoughts, sermons, podcasts, and gospel messages.
- Start an Online Bible Study: Facebook Groups are also a great way to start an online Bible Study but you can also use Google Chat, Zoom, Microsoft Team Meeting, and more. Connect with the community by sharing invitations. Create a brochure or pamphlet with your theme, times, and days of your new online Bible Study.
Instagram Stories: Share your church’s online services and audio sermons. Broadcast daily struggles and communicate how God has helped your life in a significant way.
Start a Blog: Blogs can be used as a tool for evangelism and are easy to set up. See the Kingdom Bloggers Courses if interested in starting a blog. They are fantastic and life-changing for Christian bloggers since she specializes in the Christian Ministry and is successful at bringing traffic to her websites.
Lastly, grab these 12 Spread the Gospel Verses that keep you focused not only on why you should tell others about Jesus but also on how we should direct others to follow Christ. Check out my Romans Road to Salvation post that goes through each step using Salvation Scriptures that are perfect to lead people to the Lord.
Would you like a compiled list of our 12 Share the Gospel Verses for memorization and review? Download our Spread the Gospel Verses PDF file below!
John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 5:39 – Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Romans 1:16 – For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 10:9 – That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
2 Corinthians 5:20 – We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
1 John 4:9 – In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
1 Corinthians 15:1 – Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand.
Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Acts 2:38 – Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost
Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Romans 10:14 – How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Luke 24:45-49 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things. 49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Start Spreading the Gospel Today
How do you get started? Simply pray to God and ask Him to reveal who He’d like you to witness to today. Make sure you write it down in a journal all of the messages God reveals to you. Always keep some tracts on hand when there is no one around and leave them in bathrooms, restaurants, and anywhere you patronize. Also, remember the creative ways mentioned above and share the gospel verses for quick soul-winning strategies. You’ve got this, my friend.