Living as a Christian is not always easy — we are constantly bombarded by the world and its messages whether offline or online. We tend to lose focus, get distracted, become too busy, and then end up wondering why we are so discouraged. But, living on this planet does not mean living in stress and struggles! My friends, in order to be a successful Christian, we must be intentional about finding the right spiritual steps for us to stay on the straight and narrow path. That’s why I’m going to show you the BEST spiritual goals examples you can implement in your life today.
Need a free Spiritual Goals Worksheet as a handy guide? Download immediately by clicking the image below.
What are Spiritual Goals?
Spiritual goals are simply the steps we purposely take to draw closer to our God. As Christians, our plans must involve walking like Jesus on a daily basis to achieve the ultimate goal of developing a close relationship with God.
What Does the Bible Say about Spiritual Goals?
What does the Bible say about spiritual goals? It’s quite simple, my dear, but so hard to do. Jesus was asked by a scribe, “What is the greatest commandment?” Jesus answered in Mark 12:30, “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.” And, how do we love the Lord? We get our answer in Matthew 6:33, by seeking first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, then everything else will fall into place. In other words, we must die to self and in order to do this, we must read, know, and understand the Living Word. Gaining wisdom by reading the Holy Bible must be an aim or goal of spirituality.
Spiritual Goals Bible Verses
Grab these life-changing 10 spiritual goals Bible Verses KJV that are perfect to memorize. It’s critical that you are consistently creating a habit of developing an intimate relationship with the Lord. Print this list of spiritual goals and place on your fridge, write it on index cards to memorize, or frame it and place it beside your prayer place or war room.
Matthew 6:33 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on the own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
1 Corinthians 9:24 – 9:27 – Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
Deuteronomy 28:1 – And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth.
John 14:15 – If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Luke 10:27 – And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
2 Corinthians 5:9 – Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
Isaiah 41:10 – Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Steps for Setting Spiritual Goals
Here is a great list of spiritual steps you can start today to begin your spiritual journey
- Make a high-level list in a spiritual goal worksheet of all the things you want to accomplish in your spiritual life
- Write down achievable steps to make those goals happen. This is key to measuring spiritual growth as you review or assess your spiritual progress.
- Ask for help from friends, family, and spiritual leaders to achieve these goals
- Take time each day to pray or meditate on these goals
- Read scripture passages that remove obstacles from your desires
- Perform service work to help others in need
- Review them every day by placing them in a highly visible area like the frig or mirror in the bathroom
- Read the Bible each morning to help stay focused and encouraged on your achievements
- Pray for 10 minutes before bedtime and ask God for help
- Find an accountability partner to discuss and encourage moving forward towards your spiritual goals.
What are some examples of Spiritual Goals?
The following 10 examples of Spiritual Goals will give you a head start on what your high level objectives should be as you walk on your spiritual journey.
- Read your Bible on a Daily Basis
- Pray Each Day using the ACTS Method
- Develop a Stronger Relationship with God with daily walk
- Remove Negative Thoughts or Declutter the Mind
- Memorize a Bible Verse Daily or Weekly
- Start a Daily Prayer Journal
- Write in Your Journal on a Daily Basis
- Assess your spiritual progress every 6 months
- Get active and minister to others in your local church
- Spread the Gospel to one person a day
As you determine your spiritual steps using the 10 spiritual goals examples, technology can be used to our advantage when we are alone with just our negative thoughts. For example, when we are driving in the car picking up a child, we can be listening to podcasts and watch sermons instead of dwelling on the busyiness of the day. Instead of constantly looking at our smart phone messages, we can look at a Bible Verse on our screensaver as a trigger to remember our life’s purpose.
Here is my favorite list of helpful Bible Tech Tools you can use to keep your mind from wandering into negative thoughts or unbiblical distractions:
- Listen to a Bible Study podcast in the car, while jogging, or running in your favorite park.
- Watch The Chosen on VidAngel on your laptop or download the Chose app for a great Biblical account of Jesus’ life. It’s just fabulous and best series that I’ve seen about the Gospels.
- Download ‘The Bible’ App on your phone to find encouraging messages, commentaries, and read or listen to Scripture.
- Add a Bible Verse Wallpaper or Screensaver on your smart phone for constant reminders and encouragement throughout the day.
- Read the Bible on Bible Gateway via computer.
- Sign up for devotional emails delivered on a daily basis via inbox.
- Memorize Bible Verses using a Bible Verse of the Day App on your phone.
Spiritual Goals for 2021
Remember my Christian lady friends, being a Christ follower is an ongoing spiritual journey. If you are wondering, what can I do for spiritual growth, goal-setting is key. We should want to grow in the Lord every day. Using these spiritual goals examples will jump start a more fulfilling and purposeful life. It’s time for a new spiritual plan of action, are you in?