Best Bible Verses about Women
Struggling with a crisis or traumatic event that makes you wonder – why did it happen to you? The burden of weight from the world can drag us down and even make us want to quit. That’s why we need to gain our strength from God’s Holy Word. We’ve curated the best collection of Bible Verses about Women for comfort, connections, and consolation.
Women have high expectations on themselves including a plethora of things to do each and every day. Yet, when something discouraging rears its ugly head, we fall apart. Why aren’t we stronger, we ask ourselves?
Yet, all we need is God’s Word for encouragement and enlightment. We tend to forget about all the Bible Verses we have heard, learned, and memorized.
It’s time to take back our boldness. It’s time to put on the Armor of God. It’s YOUR time, my friend.
This is a test. Are you going to pass or fail it? Here’s how to pass life’s test – just rely on Him. When those negative thoughts come around, don’t give in or succumb to the temptation that you’re not good enough. While it’s true that you alone are not good enough, but with God, all things are possible.
What is God Saying About Women?
I want to encourage women around the world not to be enticed by the thinking of the world, but to be captivated by the God of Scripture. Throughout history, sadly, women have been slaves to men, to cruelty, to loathing, and to even vanity. Yet, there is a far better master to serve – His name is Jesus Christ.
He didn’t just die for others, He died for YOU too! The good news is that He is alive and living inside of Christians who accept Him as their savior.
Did you know that many of the disciples who loved Jesus while on this earth were women with the same name – Mary. There are 3 women who were followers of Jesus at the foot of his cross: Mary, Jesus’ mother, Mary Magdalene, and Mary and Martha. Also, many faithful people who served the Lord in the Bible were women like Sarah, Miriam, Rahab, Deborah, Ruth, and Hannah?
In the Book of Acts, the early saints of the churches were women ie Lydia, Priscilla, and Phebe. Women are just as important as men in God’s eyes, they both have different roles to play.
What is the purpose of a woman according to the Bible?
A woman’s intimate relationship with God through Christ is the objective of our lives. It’s the answer to all of our questions, concerns, and complaints. In other words, in order for us ladies to gain the happiness, peace, and joy we all strive to obtain, it’s written perfectly in the passages of the Bible.
You can be confident and assured that God loves his female creations. He has given us a purpose in this world. Here are some takeaways directly from the Bible on how God envisions women and their prominent role they play as Christians:
- Women are important in the ministry of the churches according to Titus 2:9-15 and Titus 2:3-5.
- Women are included in the holy priesthood of the church stated in 1 Peter 2:5, 9.
- Women are ambassadors for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20).
- A revelation of God’s enormous love for women is revealed in Eph. 5:28, commanding husbands to love their wives .
- Many times in the Bible, the church is referred to as a woman (ie a bride) as noted in Ephesians 5:25-27.
What Does the Bible Say about a Woman’s Strength?
God says many positive and encouraging Bible Verses on a woman’s strength. Some important women who are considered strong and courageous in the Bible are Deborah the Judge, Esther the Queen, and Hannah. Here are some Bible Verses about a Woman’s Strength:
- Proverbs 31:25 – She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 – And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Here’s a comprehensive list of strong women in the Bible who loved the Lord:
- Rahab in the Bible – Rahab immediately showed kindness to God’s people by hiding them from her community and ultimately came into the lineage of Jesus.
- Sarah in the Bible – Sarah did not initially have faith that God would provide her a son but after a failed attempt to take into her own hands to reverse her childless status, she became bold with faith that God would provide.
- Mary Magdalene in the Bible – Mary Magdalene was filled with 7 demons but Jesus healed her of her evil spirits and infirmities. After her conversion, she followed Christ all the way to the cross.
- Mary, Mother of Jesus – Jesus’ earthly mother was an amazing chosen woman who became the vessel to bring the Messiah into the world. She also followed Jesus’ footsteps right up to the foot of the cross.
- Mary and Martha of Bethany in the Bible – Mary and Martha were sisters of Lazarus and wonderful hostesses for Jesus and his disciples. Mary sacrifices a year’s salary as she pours expensive ointment on Jesus’ feet before his crucifixion.
- Who was Deborah in the Bible – Deborah was a prophetess and a high-ranking judge who had wisdom, will, and a warrior for God as she led Barak into battle with the Canaanites.
- Ruth in the Bible – Ruth left her heathen people and gods to follow her Mother in Law Naomi and her God after the death of her husband. She went out of her comfort zone and was sweetly rewarded with a new husband and part of Jesus’ lineage.
- Hannah’s Prayer in the Bible – Hannah had faith in God that He would listen to her earnest prayers of having a child. She even dedicated her first son Samuel to the priesthood and began training at 2 years old.
- Who was Lydia in the Bible – Lydia was a godly and successful businesswoman, plus a wonderful hostess and servant as an important member of the early church and the first convert to Christ in Philippi.
What the Bible says about Femininity
Proverbs 31 Virtuous Woman lays out femininity perfectly from a godly perspective. Here are some valuable points to evaluate as we discover what the Bible says about femininity:
Proverbs 31 woman is someone we should strive to mimic:
- A virtuous woman honors and respects her spouse.
- She puts food on the table and clothes on her children’s backs.
- A virtuous lady invests in her skill sets and talents.
- A godly woman speaks wisely, compassionately, and kind to others.
- She dresses in beautiful clothes and is not frumpy.
- A virtuous woman takes care of the needy.
- A godly girl’s husband trusts in her.
Bible Verses about Women
Here are some key scripture verses about women and their God-given abilities, roles they play, characteristics, and traits we should strive for as Christian women. We should be the strong silent time who encourages her household, prays for them and takes care of her family including her husband and children.
- 1 Timothy 2:11-12 – Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
- Proverbs 31:10 – Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
- Proverbs 31:26 – She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 – Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
- Galatians 3:26 – For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
- Titus 2:3-5 – The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
- Proverbs 14:1 – Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
- Proverbs 31:25 – Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
- Proverbs 21:9 – It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.
- Proverbs 3:15 – She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
- 1 Corinthians 11:5 – But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
- Ephesians 5:22-33 – Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
- Psalms 46:5 – God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
Bible verses about Women’s Beauty
There are many women in the Bible who were described as beautiful in outward appearance. The Bible speaks of many beautiful women. Sarah was “very fair” (Ge. 12:14-15) and Rebekah was “very fair to look upon” (Ge. 24:16). Esther won the great Persian beauty pageant in Esther 2:2-4) Yet, no beauty can compare to Eve. She was perfect in every feature and characteristic as a woman.
However, as the Bible reminds us, God looks at the heart, not the outward appearance. We should do the same.
Proverbs 31:30-31 – Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
I Samuel 16:7 – But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
Here’s an ample list of Bible Verses about Woman’s Beauty:
Psalms 139:14 – I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 – He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
1 Samuel 16:7 – But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
1 Timothy 2:9 – In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
Song of Solomon 4:1 – Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves’ eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.
Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Bible Verses about Value of a Woman
What is the value of a woman from a biblical standpoint? God loves women and passages of the Bible talk about a virtuous woman and she worth more than rubies.
Proverbs 31:10-12 – Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
Bible Verses about Heart of a Woman
There are many Bible Verses about the heart. We are to trust in the Lord with all of our heart, guard it, and delight in Him and he will give us our desires. Here is a line up of perfect verses for a woman:
- Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
- Proverbs 4:23 – Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
- Psalm 51:10 – Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
- Psalm 73:26 -My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
- Philippians 4:7 – And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- Psalm 37:4 – Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Bible Verses about Wise Women
What does the Bible say about being wise? Let’s look at 6 Bible Verses as it reveals women should build up their house, walk with wise people, and be humble. Do you build up and encourage your family? Do you hang out with people who are godly and give wise advice? How do you react when someone offends you?
- Proverbs 14:1 – Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
- Proverbs 13:20 – He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
- Proverbs 9:12 – If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
- Proverbs 2:6 – For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
- Ephesians 5:15-16 – See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
- Proverbs 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
Bible Verses about Women Preaching
It’s clear that women should not be preaching to men, but can teach women and are encouraged to love their husbands and children. Here are some practical guidelines for women to follow:
- 1 Corinthians 14:35 – And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
- Titus 2:4 – That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children
- 1 Timothy 2:12 – But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
- 1 Corinthians 14:34 – Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.