12 Assuring Bible Verses about Faithfulness
Faithfulness to God is something Christians should strive to attain as we draw closer to Him. Our faithful service to the Lord is one of the 9 fruits of the spirit. The Bible tells us why it’s important, what happens when we are faithful, and how we can be faithful stewards as followers of Christ. Here are 12 Bible Verses about Faithfulness to God that we can enjoy while studying God’s Word.
Are you faithful to God in all things? Would you like to hear the worthy words, “Well Done, Thy Faithful Servant?” If so, it’s never too late, regardless of your status: old, young, handicapped, etc. Find out through the Word of God how you can become a faithful member of the body of Christ.
What is the Biblical Definition of Faith?
Faith, in Biblical terms, refers to the moral conviction of truth and reliance on Christ. The Greek word for ‘faith’ used most in the New Testament, according to the Strong Dictionary, is pistis. It reveals a belief or conviction that a person trusts in the truth of God. The Bible typically uses this word for assurance, belief, faith, and fidelity.
Would you like to attain more joy in your life? Download this free and gorgeous Bible Verses on Faithfulness Printable!
What Causes My Lack of Faith?
Wondering why you are struggling with faithfulness in your life? Maybe it’s your lack of motivation (laziness), fear, or worries that keep you from serving the Lord. He may ask you to do something you don’t want to do. Yet, He promises He’s always with us, why do we doubt?
Let’s read what the Lord says about faithful stewards so we can begin to believe in the importance of our spiritual lives.
What are Some Signs of Unfaithfulness to God?
If we were truly honest with ourselves, we’ve been unfaithful to God many times in our lives. If we think about it deeply from a spiritual sense of marriage, the Bible tells us that we are married to Christ as believers. Yet, we don’t act like it. We serve ourselves, feed our selfish desires, and lack the discipline to nurture our relationship with Christ as we should in earthly marriage.
Here are some signs that you are cheating on God in your spiritual life on a daily basis:
- You fail to read your Bible for encouragement, reflection, and conviction.
- You read your Bible but don’t put it into practice. It’s become just a routine and not a life-altering spiritual guide.
- Your prayer life is hit or miss. You tend to only pray when you’re struggling or someone asks you to pray for them.
- Faithful church attendance and ministering to others are not priorities in your life. You don’t see the importance of being in the body of Christ and your attitude and involvement reflect this weak position.
- You lack compassion and kindness and tend to be critical or judgemental of others in their appearance or actions.
- Priorities in your life reveal more worldly desires than spiritual growth. You’re more concerned about grades, athletics, or entertainment than important spiritual activities focusing on the fellowship of other believers and God.
Do any or all of these sound like you? If so, you’ve got some spiritual housecleaning to do — it’s dusty and needs cleaned up with the Word of God, prayers, praise, worship, and daily dying to self. Trust the Bible, you will be blessed, but it’s up to you to take that leap of faith.
What Does the Bible Say about Faithfulness?
Jesus spoke of faith many times in the gospels of the New Testament including Matthew 25:21, Matthew 24:45-47, and Luke 16:10-12. If you have faith during your earthly life, Jesus promises rewards in heaven with the proverbial stamp, “Well Done, Thy Faithful Servant”.
If you’re a Christian, that’s what you want to hear in your glorified body. It’s the ultimate goal of every Christian!
The word “faith” appears in the King James Version of the Holy Bible 246 times. In other translations, the word “faith” may possibly be translated differently using the words “belief” or “trust”.
What Verse is Great for Faithfulness?
The book of Proverbs always has profound sayings that are wonderful for verses on the go. Here’s a favorite verse that is great for faithfulness: A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent. – Proverbs 28:20
What is the Scripture Blessing for Faithfulness?
The Bible tells us we will be blessed in many ways if we are faithful to Him, here are at least 5 promises from God for the faithful works of His people:
- You will be rewarded according to Psalm 31:23.
- The faithful will abound in blessings as stated in Proverbs 28:20.
- You will hear “Well Done, Thy Good and Faithful Servant” as promised in the gospel of Matthew.
- God will give us the crown of life when we do not fear suffering or pain and are faithful until the end of our life.
- God will give us important responsibilities in the kingdom of God as revealed in Matthew 24:45
What Women Were Faithful in the Bible?
There are many women in the Bible who were known for their faithfulness to God. This is really exciting to study and a wonderful time to reflect on how you can be more like these Women of Faith. Here are a few examples:
- Ruth – Ruth, a Moabite woman from a pagan culture, became the great-grandmother of King David. She was faithful to God by being loyal to her mother-in-law Naomi. Because of her faithfulness and willingness to follow God’s plan for her life, she was rewarded in her earthly and spiritual life with the lineage to Jesus Christ.
- Esther – Esther was a Jewish queen in Persia who fasted, asked her people to fast, and risked her life to save her people from genocide. She showed a huge amount of great courage, suffering, and faith in God throughout the entire process of saving her people through God’s plan.
- Mary, the mother of Jesus – Mary was chosen by God to be the mother of Jesus and remained faithful to her earthly son and Lord throughout her entire journey in life.
- Hannah – Hannah was a woman who struggled with infertility but remained faithful to God and prayed for a child. When God answered her prayer and gave her a son (Samuel), she dedicated him to God’s service.
- Sarah – Sarah was the wife of Abraham and the mother of Isaac who bore Israel. Even though she lacked faith in God in the early stages of her life, she eventually became faithful to God by following her husband’s lead when calling him ‘Master’. She decided to trust in God’s promise and He give her a son even at the ripe old age of 99.
12 Bible Verses about Faith
- Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. – 1 Corinthians 4:2
The Apostle points out that it’s essential for a steward to be considered faithful to his master. We are ministers in place of Christ until He comes back.
Are you faithful as a follower of Christ? Do you minister unto others at your local church body? Think about the role God gave you. If you are a woman and wife, minister unto your husband and kids and your friends, family, and those younger than you. If you are a single woman, minister to those you connect with each and every day.
Be faithful in serving the Lord using the gifts God has given you.
2. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Matthew 25:21
Wouldn’t you just love to hear those 7 words when you get to Heaven?!! This is part of the Parable of the Talents and the need for personal preparation and faithful service to the master.
3. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Matthew 24:45
This is part of the Parable of Two Servants in Matthew 24:43-51. In summary, the faithful and wise servant will be given more responsibilities in the Lord’s kingdom.
4. A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent. – Proverbs 28:20
Faithfulness results in many blessings. Not just one, but multiple blessings. Yet, those who want to get rich will be guilty of transgressions.
5. The just shall live by faith. – Galatians 3:11
This is also a quote from Habakkuk 2:4 stating that not only is one justified by faith, but he is thereafter to live by faith.
6. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. – 2 Chronicles 16:9
The Lord watches and waits for any opportunity to help those who trust and follow Him.
7. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. – Galatians 6:9
We must stop getting discouraged and tired of doing good or in other words, sowing to the spirit. If we get discouraged, we will slow down and lack the motivation to keep moving forward with faithfulness and good work. If we do not relax or let down our focus, we will reap huge benefits from the harvest.
8. Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. – 1 Corinthians 16:13
Don’t be afraid to speak your convictions — stay strong, solid, and settled. Faith, conviction, and courage are the essential characteristics of spiritual success and victory.
9. He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. – Luke 16:10
A faithful man or woman is righteous before God. If a man or woman is faithful in little things, he will be faithful in important matters. He that is unjust in the small things, is unjust also in a lot. Another example is someone who is dishonest, unfaithful, or unrighteous in little things and will do the same in major things. Let’s take money as another example – those who are unfaithful in monetary matters will be in other areas.
10. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. – Galatians 5:22-23
As you can see, faith is part of the 9 fruit of the spirits that will reflect in your life if you love the Lord your God with all your heart. Faith is included in the spiritual fruit of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, meekness, and temperance.
11. Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord. – Romans 12:9-11
Love one another without hypocrisy or being fake. Hate anything evil. Stick to what is good. Be kind to another in brotherly love (family affection or church family love), allow others to be first and don’t seek self-promotion, do not procrastinate in your business, and finally, allow the spirit to stirred overwhelmingly as we serve the Lord.
12. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. – 1 Timothy 6:11
Paul is talking to greedy business owners and sinful employees. As Christian women and followers of Christ, we should always be seeking after righteousness. We should not just avoid, but flee from greed and the love of money, which is evil. Wealth is not wrong, but the ambition and drive for it is evil. Instead, business entrepreneurs should seek these spiritual values:
- Righteousness – things that are right
- Godliness – the things of God
- Faith – trusting in the Lord
- Love – focusing on others’ needs
- Patience – waiting on God to work in our lives
- Meekness – keeping ourselves under control in all things.
Are you a Christian Entrepreneur? If so, check on the motives that are driving you.
While living by faith is a battle of the mind and not easy, God promises many rewards and blessings. Paul urges us in the letters of the New Testament that we must fight on and focus on the eternal life coming up soon for all of us.
These Bible Verses about Faithfulness to God reveal how, when, and why we should be faithful in all aspects of life. If you’d like to hear, “Well Done, Thy Faithful Servant?”, meditate on these Bible Verses and reflect on how you can apply them in your daily life, starting with your thoughts, so you CAN be a faithful member of the body of Christ!