20 Inspirational Bible Verses about Anxiety
Feeling overwhelmed with what’s going on in the world today? While it’s easy to fall into the trap of fear, anxiety, and worry, God tells us in his word at least 103 times to ‘fear not’ in similar terms. In order to combat these 3 negative emotions, we need the best 20 Encouraging Bible Verses about Anxiety.
I believe fear and anxiety are one of the most insidious sins women tend to overlook as ‘not a big deal’. Yet, when we stress, we are DOUBTING GOD. We are NOT TRUSTING in Him. Did you ever think of it that way? It’s hard to overlook this struggle when you look at it objectively.
So, my friend, if you are looking for Bible Scripture to help during any situation, it’s the perfect strategy. These favorite encouraging Bible Verses give me joy and peace throughout the day when those 3 insidious sinful thoughts sneak up on me. Whether it’s a pandemic, job loss, or illness, you can ALWAYS count on Bible scripture to get you through it.
Need some encouraging Bible Verses about Anxiety and Fear? Download our FREE Anxiety Bible Verses in KJV Version!
How to Overcome Anxiety Bible Verses
Applying Anxiety Bible Verses in a practical way is the right way to go to overcome fear. Don’t just read Fear Bible Verses, study and memorize each word. Write them down several times, put them on a frig or bathroom mirror, whatever it takes to get rid of these nasty negative thoughts!
Many times we just read the Bible but we don’t ‘do’ what it says! You can read the entire Bible over and over again, but if you don’t apply the principles, you will not have the success of overcoming depression.
Causes of Anxiety in the Bible
There are many reasons why women fear but if we did deep into the main cause, it’s lack of belief. We don’t have faith in God’s Word, we don’t trust in God’s promises that he will never leave us. He is right here with us 24/7, yet, we don’t call upon him to help us.
Instead, we fester in our worries, fears, and anxieties. We dwell on negative thinking such as questioning our stressful situations, being discontent with our lives, and holding on to bitterness and anger. These real feelings and emotions get us in trouble and affect us mentally, physically, and spiritually. And, it also impacts others as we become bad examples as Christians and we lack leaning on the Lord for our strength and courage.
Here are some examples of negative, unbiblical thoughts to avoid that you may experience when lacking faith or doubting the Lord:
- What if this happens…
- If only I had this then I’d be happy….
- This happened before…what if it happens again?
- Why is this happening to me?
- If only he/she would do this…
- Why do I have to do this?
- I can’t handle this situation anymore!
- I don’t want to live anymore.
- I’m better off not existing.
Best Inspiring Bible Verses on Anxiety
Many of these Bible quotes we’re studying come from my favorite practical Bible books, Psalm, Proverbs, Ephesians, and Philippians. If you are looking for answers to your problems, these are the books you’ll want to focus on over and over again.
Plus, I’ve included short Bible verses for easy memorization. These easy-to-understand Bible scriptures come in handy when you need them quickly. Whether comforting yourself or a friend, keep these close to your heart.
Bible Verses for Fear and Depression
Here’s what you’ll want to do — grab a sheet of paper for copy work or you can use index cards and write one verse at a time. These super-short Bible Verses about Fear and Depression are perfect for quick responses when the enemy is attacking.
If you’re looking for printables to help guide you in memorizing key Bible Verses about Negative Thoughts, try our Biblical Thinking Notebook! With 16 pages of life-changing habits, you’ll be on your way to spiritual peace and joy without the overwhelming burden you are carrying right now. God’s got this — it’s time for you to let go!
- Philippians 4:6 – Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- Psalms 56:3-4 – What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
- Proverbs 29:25 – The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- 1 Peter 5:7 – Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- Matthew 6:33-34 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Luke 1:37 – For with God nothing shall be impossible.
- Philippians 4:19 – But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Psalms 55:22 – Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
- Romans 12:12 – Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
- Psalms 39:7 – And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope [is] in thee.
- Jeremiah 17:7 – Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
- Romans 15:13 – Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
- Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- John 14:1 – Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
- Luke 12:22 – Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
- Psalm 27:14 – Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
- Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous man runneth into it, and is safe.
Looking for a Christian Podcast that goes deep into the Word? Don’t miss out on my dear friend’s podcast from Caldwell Commentaries called How to Handle Life Storms. You’ll truly be blessed!