Feeling overwhelmed with what’s going on in world today? While it’s easy to fall into the trap of fear, anxiety, and worry, God tells us in his word at least 103 times to ‘fear not’ in similar terms. In order to combat these 3 negative emotions, we need the best 20 encouraging bible verses about fear and anxiety.
In addition, if you are looking for bible scripture to help during the COVID-19 crisis, it’s the perfect strategy. These favorite encouraging bible verses give me joy and peace throughout the day when those 3 insidious sins sneak up on me. Whether it’s a pandemic, job loss, or illness, you can ALWAYS count on bible scripture to get you through it.
Best Inspiring Bible Verses
Many of these bible quotes come from my favorite practical bible books, Psalm, Proverbs, Ephesians and Philippians. They are practical books of the bible, so if you are looking for answers to your problems, these are the books you’ll want to focus on over and over again.
Plus, I included short bible verses for easy memorization. These easy to understand bible scriptures come in handy when you need them quickly. Whether comforting yourself or a friend, keep these close to your heart.
20 Best Encouraging Bible Verses for Fear and Anxiety
- Philippians 4:6 – Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- Psalms 56:3-4 – What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
- Proverbs 29:25 – The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- 1 Peter 5:7 – Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- Matthew 6:33-34 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Luke 1:37 – For with God nothing shall be impossible.
- Philippians 4:19 – But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Psalms 55:22 – Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
- Romans 12:12 – Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
- Psalms 39:7 – And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope [is] in thee.
- Jeremiah 17:7 – Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
- Romans 15:13 – Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
- Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- John 14:1 – Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
- Luke 12:22 – Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
- Psalm 27:14 – Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
- Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous man runneth into it, and is safe.
Looking for a Christian Podcast that goes deep into the Word? Don’t miss out on my dear friend’s podcast from Caldwell Commentaries called How to Handle Life Storms. You’ll truly be blessed!